Saturday, July 18

Pre-P90X

Okay, got the system in. Opened it up and am reading through the large quantity of information.

See? I am already off to a good start. I usually don't ever read directions. This is evident in my inability to correctly use the features of my cell phone, navigation system, dvd player, well... you get the picture. :)

But I digress... Back to P90X. It seems there is a minimum fitness level one needs to reach before even considering this program. (Nice of them to mention that BEFORE I spent the 150 bucks to get it.) Of course, I think I might just squeak over the limit.

First thing one must do is a fitness level test. (Yay, another test I'm gonna have to study for). If you can't do it - you can't do P90X. Imagine my irritation (nicest word I can think of) if I don't manage to do it. Grrr... Am planning that test for tomorrow.

At the moment I am reading through the nutritional guide that accompanied the rest. Quite entertaining, really. There are 3 fitness levels of I, II, III with one being the best. Guess who's a III? ;) Now.. they want me to measure my body fat index. For the sake of less counting - I should probably just state what parts of my body AREN'T fat, won't take as long.

Here are a few of the thoughts I get as I read through...

1. Last meal should be eaten about 3 hours before bed.
That means my midnight bowls of cereal are still okay as long as I stay up until 3am. Bonus!!

2. You are supposed to get rid of all the following:
Cookies, candy, pastry, processed meat, chips, soda, frozen foods high in sodium, canned soups, etc.
Do they know there are starving children all over the world? I just wouldn't feel right throwing out enough food to feed a small village in Xioang Xing provence.

3. Drink lots of water. (Yawn)
Does it count as water if there's a tea color to it?

4. They have three ways to follow the nutrition guide. This is good news that they have taken into account those of us who are no master in the kitchen. You can do portion control, meal plan, or counting. The portion control looks pretty easy to keep track of. Woop!!

Well, off to the grocery store with my list of stuff I can eat.

1 comment:

  1. you crack me up. I am so not geared to start this. I like being lazy. hahaha

    ReplyDelete