Yes, yes, a literal goldmine for the networks and production companies and even some gold for the morons they manage to talk into being the real in "reality" in some cases.
But the "gold" I refer to is the endless supply of material for analysis on the human condition. (Warning: it will convince you the human race is on it's way out)
Also, I find it helpful therapy. For instance, if I'm having one of "those days" - or if several of "those days" gang up on me at once, I can just switch on the picture box and feel a lot better by comparison. :)
Watching Women Behind Bars right now. While it's not a typical reality show packed with those spoiled, feet stamping, bitch slapping, spitting, little plastic pole dancers - it does produce some very quotable material.
The current episode is presenting a story as old as the hills... the inmate's husband was one of those men who woulda been shot in the town square back in the old West just because he "needed killin". Long story short... he's drinking heavily, cussing her existence, and beating her like a dirty rug. So she cracks (and every woman has that threshold guys...) and she grabs the closest thing she can find with which to defend herself. Guess what? It happens to be a shotgun. Now this turn of events should have taken down the drama several notches. But what does this man-genius say? Does he say, "honey, I'm sorry and you deserve to shoot me in the groin, but I'm really not worth you going to jail for."?? Oooooh Nooooo!!! He chooses to go with..."B*tch, you don't even know how to use a gun!".
Okay, lets analyze this... A woman who is clearly hanging on by a very thin thread, whom you have just beaten bloody is holding a shotgun and has it pointed at your face. Let this sink in. Now, is questioning her ability to pull a trigger really the best he could come up with???? I mean, how hard is it to use a shotgun at point blank range? If HE knew anything about guns, he woulda known... it's NOT THAT HARD. You don't even have to aim. Guess he found out the hard way.
Now this is her version of events (his side of the story is gonna be hard to film). For all we know, she was just having a very bad day and he picked that day to leave the toilet seat up one-too-many-times. :O
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OMGosh I was watching that too!!! I like your account better. hahaha We all know that toilet seat thingy will hack a woman off!
ReplyDeleteRiiiiight Quick.
ReplyDelete