Okay, the procrastinating Diva Queen started her workouts today. No ambulance needed for those who were curious.
For those of you who aren't real familiar with this Dante'esque 21st century torture, it's an intense video workout program with included diet plan. There are three ways to approach the program.
- Classic - most people use this one.
- Doubles - for those who really don't need to work out. (Hope you get athlete's foot on your pecks)
- Lean - this is more Cardio and less upper body.
I chose lean because frankly - I have less upper body and so it seemed fitting.
The first workout is core synergistic and lasts for 57 minutes. I lasted 39 minutes. :) But hey - I am very proud of those 39 minutes of hell.
Some of the high points of my workout.
1. The dogs were visibly worried.
- Worried about what? I can only speculate. But they know that in the past when Mommy is on the floor - it's not good. Mommy isn't happy when she's on the floor and she yells. So, as they converged on me when I was laying on the floor, they were probably wondering who was going to feed them, let them out, and scratch their good scratch spots!!!??
2. There is one move called Boat and something. I was traumatized at the boat and forgot what the "something" is called.
- This sweet little exercise requires the victim to lie on their stomach, reach back with both arms and grab their respective ankles. ???? Really? I reminded myself that THIS was my birthday present to myself and proceeded to grab my ankles. Guess what? I could do it!! And I even held that position for a while - I'm going to pretend like my leg muscles all getting charlie horses and freezing in that position didn't have anything to do with my ability to hold the position.
3. The pushups, oh the pushups!! I can't talk about that right now.
Welp off to the showers. Since I probably won't be able to get out of bed tomorrow and I don't have a laptop - I will be back in a few days.

holy crap I cannot stop laughing!!!
ReplyDelete